Friday, December 1, 2006

David's Mighty Men - Speaking to Southside HS Football Team

I've been using the stories of david's mighty men speaking to south side football team.

today i took a sword out of my office with me to talk a/b a might warrior.

check these men out.
1. Josheb-Basshebeth, a Tahkemonite, was chief of the Three; he raised his spear against eight hundred men, whom he killed in one encounter. (2 Samuel 23:8)

2. Next to him was Eleazar son of Dodai the Ahohite. As one of the three mighty men, he was with David when they taunted the Philistines gathered at Pas Dammim for battle. Then the men of Israel retreated, but he stood his ground and struck down the Philistines till his hand grew tired and froze to the sword. The Lord brought about a great victory that day. The troops returned to Eleazar, but only to strip the dead. (2 Samuel 23:9–10)

this is the guy i spoke about today. could you image fighting with a sword so long your hand froze to teh sword?



3. Next to him was Shammah son of Agee the Hararite. When the Philistines banded together at a place where there was a field full of lentils, Israel's troops fled from them. But Shammah took his stand in the middle of the field. He defended it and struck the Philistines down, and the Lord brought about a great victory. (2 Samuel 23:11–12)

CHECK THIS PASSAGE OUT //
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.


i could go on but here is MY CHALLENGE. Who are you surrounding yourself with? Are you a warrior for the Lord?

You should go back and read about these men and have fun doing it.

No comments: