Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Wednesday Night Recap Punk'd part 1 by Brian Mills




Tonight we started a new series called PUNK’D. We are focusing on how the enemy can punk us in the word, at home, in our schools and at our church.

Here are some notes from the sermon and a video to go along with it.


Punk’d
Part 1 Punk’d by the World
By Brian Mills

Rule 1 was; When you Punk somebody, the number one thing you have to be good at is deceiving somebody. You have to be a good liar.

Rule 2 to Hit ‘Em where it hurts. Possession is nine-tenths of the punk, so find out what your mark cares the most about and use it against them.


1 Peter 5:8-9 says “Your enemy the Devil prows around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him and stand firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings

Satan is a master at deceiving us. He finds out what is important to you and trys to use it against you.

1. It begins with a conversation that should have never happened - if you want to get punk'd
(Genesis 3:1-2) 1Now the serpent was the shrewdest of all the creatures the LORD God had made. "Really?" he asked the woman. "Did God really say you must not eat any of the fruit in the garden?"2"Of course we may eat it," the woman told him.


2. Next you want to test the boundaries just like Eve did- if you want to get punk'd
(Genesis 3:6) 6The woman was convinced. The fruit looked so fresh and delicious, and it would make her so wise! So she ate some of the fruit. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her. Then he ate it, too. She saw how good the fruit looked.

3. You have to face the consequences…. - when you get punk'd

8Toward evening they heard the LORD God walking
about in the garden, so they hid themselves among the trees. 9The LORD God called to Adam,[1] "Where are you?"10He replied, "I heard you, so I hid. I was afraid because I was naked."11"Who told you that you were naked?" the LORD God asked. "Have you eaten the fruit I commanded you not to eat?"12"Yes," Adam admitted, "but it was the woman
(you gave me who brought me the fruit, and I ate it."13Then the LORD God asked the woman, "How could you do such a thing?""The serpent tricked me," she replied. "That's why I ate it."14So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, you will be punished. You are singled out from all the domestic and wild animals of the whole earth to be cursed. You will grovel in the dust as long as you live, crawling along on your belly.

Satan new he needed the perfect women to punk the perfect man





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian!! It was good to be back at Grand! I miss you guys. Nothing really has changed to me except that the normal people that I used to hang out with besides Amy and Wesley and the band weren't there. But I guess they have jobs and stuff. There were a lot of people there that I haven't seen before! That's good!! I'm glad you are growing.
I just wanted to say thanks. I really don't know exactly why but Thanks! I love you guys and I hope I can come back sometime! cya
Rachel
ps. Oh! I almost forgot, If I come to Disiple Now 07, I am considered a guest right? So I would be $35. And who's house would I be staying in? Thanks! Love ya. (=