Friday, June 8, 2007

From the Intern. . .Children's Camp


This week, I had an opportunity to go to children's camp with Rev Kev. I have worked with elementary age kids for many years, so this trip was one that I was looking forward to. I had a great time with Rev Kev, the rest of the adult sponsors, and all of the kids.

I am very appreciative of Kevin and the job he is doing as a children's pastor. The kids this week never ceased to amaze me in their knowledge of the Bible and passion for learning God's word. After their devotionals everyday, the kids would be bugging all of the sponsors constantly to tell us what God showed them from reading His word. It was amazing!

This week was a week of learning for me as well. First off, my call to youth ministry was re-affirmed. (Just a joke). I love working with kids and made alot of good friends with the kids this week. The biggest thing that I learned through this week was that in order to minister, the ministers need to talk on the people's levels.

With children, any minister needs to speak on a child's level. I learned that in order to communicate the gospel and things of God with kids, youth, or people in general, it needs to be communicated in a way they will understand. This, I believe, is a crucial element to ministry.

God blessed Grand Family's kids with an incredible week this week. I made alot of friends and even more memories with the adult sponsors that went. I look forward to seeing what God is going to do in and through the children's ministry this summer!

Steven

No comments: