Wednesday, August 8, 2007

From Lee Kemp - It's Just Getting Started...

What a great week and a half we have had in the Jr. High ministry at Grand Family Church. God has already granted us great opportunities to minister to Jr. High students. One area I am excited about is the chance to be Chaffin Jr. High’s football Chaplain for the coming year. Brain, Steven, and I took Gatorade to Chaffin’s two football practices last week. This past Monday I took Coach Vitally with Kimmons Jr. High to lunch and had a great time discussing plans to work with his team. Last Friday, I had a House Party at my home and we had a wonderful turnout. I believe we had somewhere around 50 students and several adults. It was just a great night of fun and my goal was to get to know our students.

As many of you know tonight is our last night for pool parties. We hope everyone will join us for some fun. If you need directions or other information, you can call me at Grand, 783-5161. Next Wednesday, August 15, we will start back our Refuge services at 6:30 to 8:15 p.m. Our August 15 Refuge service will be Steven’s official last day with Grand. I have enjoyed getting to know Steven. Steven has a passion for students and really possesses a hard work ethic.

Thank you so much for the privilege to minister to your Jr. High students. Sarah and I both are so excited about the future of this ministry here at the Grand Family.

Lee Kemp – 1 Corinthians 2:9
“However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" (NIV)

No comments: