Thursday, August 30, 2007

Wednesday Night Recap

Wednesday Night –

Lee preached and did an amazing Job. I believe Lee is one of the best there is at student ministry and Grand is going to be blessed to have him.

Here is what else took place last night //
I did not think I would be typing about this for a long time, but God has been working in Jennifer and I’s life over the past month and a half about an opportunity we were presented with back at the end of July. We told the student ministry about it tonight… but if you were not there, this is it.
Eric Hystad, the Global Youth Pastor, for Second Baptist Church in Houston, Texas called us and presented me with a job to be the head youth pastor over their West Campus in Katy, Texas and through MUCH consideration and prayer we have accepted this position.
This is a student ministry of around 700 students but the community has never truly been taped into and has so much room for growth. Second Baptist Houston is know as 1 Church in 5 Locations (www.seond.org). Our main job will be to lead the youth staff and cast the vision and dream the dream of what God might want to do in Katy, Texas in the Student Ministry. I truly believe by God’s favor we can see Habakkuk 1:5 come alive and see God do things that are larger than life.
This opportunity is much bigger than me. I always pray for God to stretch me and push me to be what He wants and not what I want. This was one of the hardest decisions for me to make simply because of ALL that God is doing in here Fort Smith, Arkansas.
I believe I work right now for one of the greatest pastors out there with one of the greatest student ministries! It has been so much fun and extremely exciting to be a part of what God is doing here at Grand Avenue and how He is using many of you to impact His Kingdom.
I believe Element Student Ministries at the Grand Family Church is going to be a MAJOR success simply because of the leadership it has. I’m honored to know you students and we will miss you so very much. Jennifer and I love each and everyone one of you and your family’s and we can’t wait to hear what God does in each of your lives.
Lee Kemp will step in to lead the Student Ministry. GET BEHIND LEE AND GET READY BECAUSE HE IS READY TO SEE GREAT THINGS CONTINUE TO HAPPEN HERE AT GRAND FAMILY CHURCH!!!

No comments: