Man this is good. I am just going to write quotes you should be able to apply this to your area of life, job, ministry etc… I would recommend getting this book!!!
“Maverick leaders don’t jus strive to build high-performance companies. They champion high-stakes agendas. They create a competitive edge around an edgy critique of their industry. They present a fresh take on the world that clicks with customers, energized employees, and shapes their business, from the markets they target to the customers they serve and the messages they send.”
“As you work on positioning beyond defeat-as you think about the values you stand for as an organization and as a leader-ask these 5 questions about your company’s strategy….”
1. Do you have a distinctive and disruptive sense of purpose that sets you apart from your rivals?
Cranium (the game) founders say this. “We are still a fairly young player in our industry, but we conduct ourselves as if we are a global movement.” “We’ve always acted as if we’re a much bigger company than we really are.”
2. Do you have a vocabulary of competition that is unique to your industry and compelling to your employees and customers?
3. Are you prepared to reject opportunities that offer short-term benefits but distract your organization from its longer mission?
“Scott Bedbury, a marketing wizard who played a key role in brand-building for Nike and starbucks, likes to say that some of the best moves he ever made were the growth opportunities he passed up.”
4. Can you be provocative without provoking a backlash?
5. If your company went out of business tomorrow, who would really miss you and why?
“Why might a company be missed? Because it’s providing a product or a service so unique that it can’t be provided nearly as well by any other company. Because it’s created a workplace so dynamic that most employees would be hard-pressed to find a similar environment somewhere else. Because it has forged a uniquely emotional connection with customers that other companies can’t replicate.”