Are you a small group leader and wonder how to build relationships with students, work a full time job and be a husband/father?
Here are a few ideas that might be able to help you. Each group and ministry is different but the important part is to time manage even your small group
1. LEADER MEETING
- Once a month
2. MAIL OUT MONDAY
- Write 3 to 5 students a note of encouragement just before going to bed. – If you give these to the 210 staff we will mail them for you.
- This could be done through facebook/myspace and save you a lot of time.
3. TELEPHONE TUESDAY
- Just after dinner call 3 to 5 students just to talk
! Schedule Ideas For Quality Time !
Friday night – dinner before or after a ball game with some of your students.
If you are single – God has given you an incredible opportunity to be used in ways others cannot – GO FOR IT!
- Write down Prayer request weekly and call them on Tuesday to see how that “test/girl friend/game/etc… is doing”
- This could also be done in a text message to save you time.
4. WE GO WEDNESDAY/SUNDAY
- Be sure your group goes WITH YOU to the service element of the student ministry. Some it is Wednesday night’s others it is Sunday AM but either way it is important you attend both Small Groups (Bible Study) and the Evangelistic outreach part of the ministry.