Today we had Youth Sunday (Check back soon for Pict’s of all the speakers and to learn when we podcast these message on our HS Podcast). Youth Sunday is where Dr. Young gives up the pulpit for a Sunday morning for the seniors to preach. We then also have teenagers speak in all Small Groups classes. Teenagers pretty much run the church for one Sunday AM a year. The Students today did an amazing job and are all very gifted.
The way we started was with a driving test. The main point today was talking about a “Turning Point” in your life. To get us started we gave a driving test and related that to coming to an intersection in which you have to make a decision – Turning Point!
Here are the questions we gave to start it off: True or False:
1. When driving in Houston traffic you should wait for a marked exit to get off a freeway. False, in Houston you can just follow the ruts in the grass to the feeder like everyone else. This is how Houstonians notify the Texas Department of Transportation where exits should have been built.
2. Do odd numbered interstates run North and South or East and West?
a. North and South
b. East and West
3. How many reflective mirrors are required for your car?
4. The key to driving in Houston is:
a. Hold on and Pray
b. Respect the other drivers
c. Always keep your eyes on the road
d. Use your Horn
5. In Houston, all driving instructions begin with get on 610 Loop which is:
A. A circle around Houston
B. A road with no beginning
C. A road with no Ending
D. The Hurricane Evacuation route for all Aggies