Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Armor of God Prayer

I have been preaching through the armor of God (Podcast it here) in our JHIGH ministry. This is something I love to teach and challenge students with.

One thing I do weekly is give them this prayer. Many have asked me for it so here it is: To hear the messages Podcast them:

Good morning, Lord. Thank You for assuring me of victory today. By faith Ichoose to follow Your battle plan and to prepare myself according to Yourinstructions.To prepare myself for the battle ahead, by faith I put on thebelt of truth. Renew my mind to what is true. Fill me with truth. Expose in myheart the lies that I am tempted to believe. The truth is that You are asovereign God who loves me and cares for me. The truth about me is that I amYour child--bought and paid for. Nothing can separate me from Your love.Byfaith I put on the breastplate of righteousness. Today I am committed to doingwhat is right. I pray that I would be known as one who does what is rightregardless of what it costs me. Allow the righteousness of Christ to shinethrough me today.By faith I put on the sandals of the gospel. I amavailable to You. Use me in the lives of others. I pray that in my conduct andspeech I would accurately represent You. Make me a calming presence everywhere Igo.I now take up the shield of faith. My faith is in You and You alone.Apart from You I can do nothing. In You, I can do all things. Everything thatcomes against me must come through You for I am in You. As You walked withoutsin on this earth, live without sin through me today. By faith I claim victoryover ___________ (then I list some of the temptations I know I will face thatday). When I face these temptations, remind me that the victory has already beenwon.By faith I put on the helmet of salvation. Thank You for saving me.Thank You for forgiving me. Thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to live insideme. Holy Spirit, I surrender my will to You today. I surrender my thoughts toYou. I choose to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.Andlast, I take up the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. (Then I claimseveral specific promises from Scripture.)So, Lord, I go now rejoicing thatYou have chosen me to represent You to this lost world. May others see Jesus inme. May Satan and his hosts shudder as Your power is manifest through me. InJesus’ name I pray, Amen.

No comments: