Friday, October 3, 2008

Leadership Tip of the Week

Most know that you should never catch your boss by surprise. Don’t just bring something up in a meeting that you have not prepared him to talk about.

I did the totally opposite of this the other day. Instead of speaking with my High School Pastor about an idea I had I brought It up in a meeting with our JHIGh staff and HS staff. Sure I have every right to do this but should I as a leader abuse my position? Now everyone had an opinion, which is great, but I had not given Jeremiah time to think about it before his staff starts throwing things out.

To have great leaders work for you I believe you must allow them to be great leaders. You cannot take their leadership away.

This was a good mistake I made this week and I thought I would share as a little leadership tip!!!

No comments: