Friday, November 28, 2008

Leadership Thoughts

As most of you know I have a document on my desktop called, "Brian's thoughts on Leadership." I almost add to this document daily on things I'm learning. I have posted in the past about some lessons i learned here:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Here is Part 5. Part 6 and 7 are written also but will post latter.

1. Wait or Go for it? Good question.. James 1:5
2. Before you talk – LISTEN!!!
3. Don’t ever overstep your authority.
4. Humble confidence is well respected yet “humble” arrogance is annoying….
5. Delegate!!!!
Don’t forget!!!!!
6. Just because you like someone does not mean they should work for you.
7. Hire the best and expect the best out of them!!!
8. Can you leave town without worrying?
If not, then you do not have the best on your team!!!
9. Get out of your box: I spoke at our next Level camp which is to 5th and 6th graders. I’m honored at the opportunity and it is way out of my box.
10. Don’t forget the back ½ of the room.

No comments: