One of our students posted this note on facebook the other day. I thought it was A+ so thought i should share:
Recently, I've been using a great gift I recieved from my simply AH-MAZING big sister!! :) The gift consisted of a neat little quiet time book called the "One Minute Bible" by Doug Fields.
Although I have just begun to use the book, it has already helped to develop the time I spend with God each morning:) Inside the book, there are 365 days worth of bible verses, commentary, and even helpful questions that make you "dig deeper" as so the book calls it. These questions help me as it begins my day and allows me to refer back to them as I go about the activities throughout the day. I read today's quiet time page this morning as I spent time with God and the message really had me thinking and I thought I would share it with you:)it had 5 bible verses:
1. "Then God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and GOd seperated the light from the darkness. God called the light "day", and He called the darkness "night." Evening camem and then morning: the first day." ~ Genisis 1:3-52)
2. "Lord, You are my lamp; the Lord illuminates my darkness." ~ 2 Samuel 22:293) "The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom should I fear?
3. The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom should I be afraid?" ~ Pslam 27:14)
4. "Then Jesus spoke to them again: " I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows Me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light of life." ~
5. John 8:125) "And there will no longer be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and His servants will serve Him. They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. Night will no longer exist, and people will not need a lamplight ot sunlight, because the Lord will give them light. And they will reign forever and ever." ~ Revelations 22:3-
The commentary on the side mentioned that it was crazy when you realize you might be the ONLY christian your friends will meet in their entire lifetime! It also mentioned that being a light to the world we live in today is a big deal and it's a high calling from God!
The commentary ended with asking this short question that challenged me as I started my day today... "Are you "shining brightly" as a light to the world? If not, what needs to be changed in order for you to become a brighter light for God?"
These questions really struck me and I began to think about the things I am doing in my life right now to "shine brightly for God". When I'm at school, can my friends see the light "shining brightly" for God? When I go the dance studio every week am I "shining brightly" for God when I'm talking to the girls I dance with? What am I doing right now as a dance team member, school student, and little sister to be a bright light for God?
In conclusion, I have spent alot of time thinking about this and I have decided that towards the beginning of next year, I am going to start a bible study within my dance team:)
I am really excited about this decision I have made and I thought I would share it with you:) thank you Brian Kelly for being an inspiration for me on Youth Sunday because when you shared that you had started a bible study within your school football team, I was encouraged and motivated to start a bible study within my school dance team! You make an AH-MAZING role model!! :)I want to hear feedback on this decision so please write back! thanks see you all on sunday! :)