Thursday, December 10, 2009

Do you know your "field of study" the best?

I always try to study up on my field of interest, youth ministry. I'm not called just to set in a office or just play games. I'm called to be a leader of students in teaching them God's word!!! It is more than just a job to me it is a career!!! That means I have to stay in God's word, Hang with students, know the culture and learning daily from those who have gone before me.

Check this out (READ ARTICLE HERE)

It's well-documented that Shaquille O'Neal has high standards for coaches. Typically, it takes one of iconic status such as Pat Riley or Phil Jackson to impress him.

O'Neal
O'Neal
James
James

That makes his praise of LeBron James that much more notable.

"His basketball IQ is phenomenal," O'Neal said of James. "He could coach in the NBA right now."

The 24-year-old James has impressed O'Neal with his thorough knowledge of the game -- his understanding of angles, of defensive principles, of how to set up teammates, of how opponents defend various plays and players, and of not only his own responsibilities on the court but those of all his teammates as well.


No comments: