Saturday, December 12, 2009

Impact of Crazy Love Campaign!!!


This was taken off of www.crazylovecampaign.com

Offering #2 in our Crazy Love Campaign is December 13th. How important is this offering? It’s huge! The gifts given in Offering #2, along withOffering #1, will fund the completion of the orphan village. What does completing the village mean? Let me break it down.

  • 300 kids living on the streets and in the garbage piles of Haiti will have a home.
  • 300 kids who are spending every day of their young lives in hunger will have food.
  • 300 kids without adequate clothing will have something to wear.
  • 300 kids with no place to sleep will have a bed.
  • 300 kids with no hope for their future will get an education.
  • And most importantly, 300 kids who don’t know Jesus will hear the Good News!

This Christmas, the average family will spend a lot of money on presents. Some sources estimate 2009 Christmas spending will be as high as $935 spent per person. Would you consider giving less so you can give more to help others? Jesus said in Matthew 25…

“‘For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’”

We are talking about helping children in desperate need. Please pray about your families participation. We’re asking each family to consider a gift of $500 over and above what you normally give.

As you pray, consider the Haitian child above in a picture taken by my daughter on her recent trip to Haiti. Could your family give up something for the sake of this poor child and others like him?

My prayer is that we will follow the example of the Mecedonian Church found in 2 Corinthians 8…

For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints. And they did not do as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God’s will. So we urged Titus, since he had earlier made a beginning, to bring also to completion this act of grace on your part. But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us—see that you also excel in this grace of giving.

What an amazing opportunity Long Hollow has to be a blessing to the world through our Crazy Love Campaign! Let’s allow God to stir our hearts to give as never before and excel in the grace of giving!

David Landrith

This was previously published on David’s blog, Doing Life Together.

No comments: