Friday, July 23, 2010

Taylor Gouty Testimony from LHSM Camp

In sixth grade, on the third night of camp, I gave my life to Christ and it radically changed me. Since then, the third night of camp held value for me, it’s when I’m truly in awe of our God. I can’t explain it, it’s unbelievable. Well, I’m not that little girl anymore, I’m in ninth grade, I’m going to high school, and it’s a whole new ball game, and I’m not afraid to say that I’m a little intimidated. I’ve learned that bad company corrupts good morals. And, it’s going to be really hard to stick up for what I believe in. And, i was doubting my faith a lot before camp, and the first two days, I acted like nothing was wrong, but that third night God spoke to me in words I will NEVER forget as long as I live, God said ‘Taylor, where have you been?’. That night, God broke my friends too, we were sitting together during worship just sobbing, we didn’t care, we threw our pride at the world, we broke down. After campfire that night we went to talk to Mary Sentell about how we kept getting farther and farther fror Him, and we couldn’t take it. It was one of the most thrilling and compelling experiences of my life.
That night, I rededicated myself to the Lord, and I’ve been trying to do that everyday, because why should I rededicate once and forget all it meant? Why not keep giving myself to Him, when He so graciously gave His EVERYTHING so we could live and breath His Mercy and Grace? Since then, I don’t have tose secoond-thought doubts, I know that the King is truly mine, and I will FOREVER be His princess, I’m completely satisfied with that.
On top of Him telling me to come home, He also told me that I was too boy crazy, and that I didn’t need a boys fake attention to feel love. That night, my leader Teresa Walrond was talking about her experience with boys, and that God told her a while back that she needed to focus on God, and not all these boys, she started thinking of boys as just friends, and focused all of her atttention on OUR SAVIOR! Is that not radical to anyone else? The Lord put it on my heart that I need to do what Teresa did, to not worry, because God has the ‘one’ picked out. :) I hope all of this is making as much since to you as it did to me and My Father in Heaven, well that week God showed me care and compassion, and I will never forget that.

No comments: