Sunday, July 18, 2010

Testimony from LHSM Camp - Caitlin Couch

Wow, God did some incredible things at camp. Previously, I had never been to an overnight camp, but in surroundings slightly out of my comfort zone I worshipped and worshipped and worshipped with a passion that had never quite hit the surface before. In fact, my favorite thing at camp was ultimately the worship. Michael Head spoke on subjects that touched everyone’s heart in a relatable way, Joshua Price and his band led some amazing songs and Brother David took his time to come talk with us too! As far as decisions and professions of my faith go, I made some important ones. The whole week, the decision that was emphasized was giving your life to Christ, but the night that I spoke to my counselor about not being baptized , it happened. God woke me up through Michael’s message and told me that whatever the reasons, I needed to stop putting if off or waiting, that I needed to get baptized. I have been a Christian all my life, but I got saved at 10 or 11 and rededicated myself after Quest this past year. Baptism is the next step in my obedience to my Lord and Savior, and I’m ready. For those of you in the same situation, you’re living strong for God, but you still haven’t taken that next step and chosen to obey God? Remember Revelation 3:20- Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he be with me. God may be knocking on your door and you haven’t answered because you’re not ready or scared. Don’t be. I promise, the decision is every bit worth it, not to mention extremely important, and exciting! Michael also asked us another night to stand up if we had felt a call to ministry at this point in our lives. Lately, God has been tugging on my heart, showing me my gifts, weaknesses and my passion to help others. I knew immediately when Michael asked, that that was me. Before I went to camp, people said it was amazing and would change your life. I knew it could, but I was scared. It was a new idea, I had never been to a camp at all before and I wasn’t sure. After I’ve been, I can’t even remember when I finally decide to go, but I know it was a God thing. God knew that I needed to be there and I know he worked in everyone’s lives! Never forget Jeremiah 29:11. That’s my favorite verse by far because it reminds me that God’s plans ALWAYS work out, we just have to trust!

No comments: