Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Testimony from LHSM Camp - Catie Hicks

For the longest time, I've doubted my faith. I became a Christian in 6th grade & now I'm a 9th grader. Even before I was saved I still doubted God. This week at camp I was praying for God to speak to me, and let me have confidence in my salvation. I wanted to be completely broken. On the 3rd night of camp I went outside to talk to my counselors about it. Before I even started talking, I was in tears. God had broken me. I told my counselors how I was so scared and how I constantly doubted my faith. They helped me realize that this was the devil attacking me.
"Did God really say, you must not eat from any tree in the garden?" - Genesis 3:1
This is the verse where the serpent (Satan) was getting Adam & Eve to doubt God and eat the fruit from the wrong tree. Unlike Adam and Eve, I can’t give in to the devil. I have to stay strong. My counselors asked me to rebel against the devil. After we talked for a while and prayed, I felt more confident in my faith and relationship with God. The next morning I prayed that in some way God would speak to me and honestly, in most everything I did He spoke to me all throughout the day. God was waiting on me to surrender my struggles, instead of holding it inside and keeping it to myself.
“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.”
I’m sure most of y’all have heard this verse a billion times, but it really helps me. Notice that it says that whoever believes in Him will have everlasting life. If you really believe in Jesus Christ, then you are a ‘whoever’ which means you are a Christian and you will have eternal life with Jesus.

No comments: