Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Testimony from LHSM Camp - Lily Goodman

God opened my eyes a lot this week at camp. One thing I learned was that my relationship with God had come to pretty much nothing. I wasn't having a quiet time everyday and I wasn't spending time just talking and praying with him like I needed to be. In order to get into the gates of Heaven, I have to have that relationship. I have to be close with Him and really know him. Some people in my family group decided that we would have an accountability group together and talk about the how God is working through all of our lives.

Another thing He showed me this week was that I don't need to rely on a guy to feel loved because I have God to rely on. I don't need a guy to feel that safeness and wholeness in my heart. A guy will not complete me, Jesus will. He fills that hole, not anyone else. He will always be there for me, no matter what. When my heart is broken, he will be there with his arms around me. There is a greater love out there for me, and that's the love of Jesus Christ.

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." (Psalm 147:3)

No comments: