Monday, October 14, 2013

Interning @LHStudents by Jacie Bowman


This summer God provided me with the incredible opportunity to intern for Long Hollow in the Middle School Student Ministry. This internship was a huge blessing in many ways but the most influential was because I surrendered my life to the Lord in 10th grade. It felt like I was so behind in everything and especially in fellowship. I was only able to be involved for a little over 1yr and then I was graduated, going to college, and headed out for a new chapter in my life. I had cheated myself and God out of so many years, years that I could have been and should have been praising Him and growing in my walk, doing what the Lord had planned for me to do. I became thirsty for more of ministry & I wanted to pour into the young girls lives just the way that Kelly Mills has poured into my life in the short last two years. I KNEW God was telling me that this was my next step on His path for my life. Praise the Lord I was obedient to that. Never in my life have I made friends with such incredible people like Madee, Steven, Caleb, Kellie, Mollie, Jeremy, Justin, Tyler Brown, Heather, Gooch, Kelsey, and Tyler Bivens. Don't get me wrong, there have been many ups and downs but thats how people grow. Considering how sarcastic each and every one of us are I'm surprised we made it this far. There is so much more to be told about this summer, its impossible to explain the greatness of it within 300 words, but to sum it all up.. This was the summer of Friendship, Love, Hope, Struggle, Patience, Peace, Maturity, and Faith, but most of all it was the summer of God. 

No comments: