Monday, March 10, 2014

Interning @LHStudents by Kellie Williams


Looking back on this summer, it is overwhelming how much I have learned.  The way The Lord used people and situations to encourage me and challenge me is incredible! One of the biggest lessons I learned this summer was also the most simple.  I felt The Lord gently (and sometimes not so gently) remind me this: It's not about me.  All of the work, the phone calls, the organizing, the filing, the long hours, the meeting with students and begging them to come to camp, all of the craziness... none of it was about me.  The purpose of everything we did this summer was ultimately for The Lord.  I learned repeatedly that, as a follower of Jesus, I am called to love and to serve and in the end, it is all for His glory and His kingdom.  John 3:30 has been such an encouragement to me over the last ten weeks.  It says "He must increase, but I must decrease."  What a joy it has been to live purposefully for Christ this summer and to watch everything He has done! It's all about Him! 

No comments: