Thursday, January 11, 2007

No Perfect People Allowed

My friend Bryan Tabakian from FBC Alma AR has been really annoying me to read a book entitled “No Perfect People Allowed.”

Since our office’s internet goes down every 5 min's I started reading it today. GREAT BOOK!

I thought as I read some, I would post some quotes from the book. All the post I write entitled “No Perfect People Allowed” will be quotes from this book. Check it out //

CHAPTER 1
I Cor 6:9-11 (read this passage)

“Unless Christians leading the church in America change, and unless the church begins living out the magnetic attractive force Jesus had on the world, the Christian church in America will be completely marginalized within decades!”

“This is the emerging church, no church for a post-Christian culture, where Christians huddle up behind the fortress walls and make forays outside into the messy culture, but a church molded out of post-Christian people – an indigenous church, rising up out of the surrounding culture to form the Body of Christ!”

That is a great quote and makes you think, what kind of person are you? Are you making a difference? Do you care about the lost and dieing generation out their?

“These people (buy the book to see what type of people) seek spirituality with an openness not seen in decades, and yet the church as completely gone off their radar.”

Why has the church gone off their radar? Church this can really make us think!

“Are we rising up a generation of leaders ready to lay down their comfortable lives to dive into the muck of cultural America? Or are we just playing church – developing spiritual dependents who consume the goods off whichever church shelf will ‘feed me,’ of ‘puff me up with more knowledge,’ or even ‘feel postmodern’”?

What do I think? I think more than not we “are playing church – developing spiritual dependents who consume the goods off whichever church shelf will ‘feed me,’ of ‘puff me up with more knowledge,’ or even ‘feel postmodern’”!

I Cor 3:6-9 you should read and see how it applies.

“As Christians in a post-Christian society, our job is to become cultural farmers. Church leaders, ministry leaders, and small/home group leaders must come to trust the God who is already at work all around us, making things grow.”

The bottom line is this we can have all the cool stuff, the great preacher, the cool lights, the great music, all the “cool” students/adults, and the great environment but that is all eye candy. What will keep people are YOU! We have to create and environment that people want to be at and people they love to be around! Relationships are what keeps people!

More to come.... Buy the book and read it.

No comments: