Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Girls Gone Wild - The Bad Girls of the Bible - Wednesday Night Recap


Last week was great. I had great feedback. PTL = Praise the Lord

This week we are doing the game Love Connection, showing a couple of videos and haveing great worship. Then I will speak this message.

If you want more you can pod cast Brian @ http://www.grandfamily.net/students.html

Remember these are simply sermon notes... I was not trying for good grammar //

Girls Gone Wild
Part 2
Potiphar’s Wife – Facing Temptation:
By Brian
Mills
Temptation!!!
By the time students are in the ninth grade, 34 percent have had sexual intercourse. That rises to 60 percent by 12th grade.
85 percent of teens believe sex should occur only in long-term committed relationships. In which they say a 4 monty long relationship is what we would consider long-tirm…

24.3% of adolescents reported having first sex during the same month as the start of the relationship (37.5% 1-3 months after the start of the relationship and 40.1% after 4 months)

23.4% of first sexual relationships were “one-night stands” (21.2% for girls and 26.5% for guys)

Statistics show that the number of students have “SEX” has gone down.. but the # of students that are doing all but having “SEX” has gone way up!!!

I know that the temptation is hard….

Tonight I don’t want to preach at you until I’m blue in the face on how not to have sex and not to fool around and do everything but have sex...even though I believe that…

I’m here to help you learn how to flee from temptation of any kind tonight…

Genesis 39
Joseph was a man blessed by God and the Lord made him successful at all he did (39:3)

The Lord gave him an opportunity to work for Potiphar and Potiphar was the head of pharaoh’s bodyguards and as such was surely a large man.

Potiphar loved Joseph and Joseph was his favorite (39:4)

Potiphar allow Joseph to be over everything except what he ate…I mean everything (39:4-6)
Now the bible never talks a/b the physical futures of a guy except for Joseph and it says “Now Joseph was a very handsome and well-built young man.

Now if God allows his word to say your good looking I mean your must be tha man…

39:7 7And about this time, Potiphar's wife began to desire him and invited him to sleep with her.

39:8But Joseph refused.

39:10She kept putting pressure on him day after day, but he refused to sleep with her, and he kept out of her way as much as possible.

39:11One day, however, no one else was around when he was doing his work inside the house. 12She came and grabbed him by his shirt, demanding, "Sleep with me!" Joseph tore himself away, but as he did, his shirt came off. (I’m sure this turned her on) She was left holding it as he ran from the house.13When she saw that she had his shirt and that he had fled, 14she began screaming. Soon all the men around the place came running. "My husband has brought this Hebrew slave here to insult us!" she sobbed. "He tried to rape me, but I screamed. 15When he heard my loud cries, he ran and left his shirt behind with me."16She kept the shirt with her, and when her husband came home that night, 17she told him her story. "That Hebrew slave you've had around here tried to make a fool of me," she said. 18"I was saved only by my screams. He ran out, leaving his shirt behind!" 19After hearing his wife's story, Potiphar was furious! 20He took Joseph and threw him into the prison where the king's prisoners were held.

We Recognize that sexual temptation is unavoidable in our sex-obsessed culture. Erotic images on billboards, films, television and a thousand other stimulants are bombarding you daily.

Joseph did not care though…Lets see tonight what we can learn from our girl that went wild…

I. I need to keep my focus
39:10She kept putting pressure on him day after day, but he refused to sleep with her, and he kept out of her way as much as possible.

Proverbs 26 11As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly.

When we lose our focus…
We stop inviting our friends to church
We stop doing well in school
We stop living for God on our campus
We stop obeying our parents
You stop caring what comes out of our mouth
You stop worring a.b our attitude
You mess around w. you boy/girl friend

1Corinthians 7:1 "it is good for a man not to touch a woman."

II. I need to run from my sin
2 Timothy 222Run from anything that stimulates youthful lust. Follow anything that makes you want to do right. Pursue faith and love and peace, and enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.

1Corinthians 6:18 "Flee sexual immorality" ;

Like an athlete I train my body to do what it should, not what it wants to do. Otherwise, I fear that I myself might be declared unfit. (I Corinthians 9:27)

Being a Christian doesn't exempt you from temptation - the godliest of men can fall prey to it. – the leaders in the YM fall!!!

60% of adolescents who took virginity pledges became sexually active

Admit to yourself that sexual temptation is a problem that you have to reckon with.

Remember John's warning: If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves.

What sin do you need to be running from?

What sins are the most prevalent in the Teenage Population //
1. Sex / hooking up
2. Disobeying Parents
3. What comes out of their mouth
4. What you look at on the internet
5. Doing anything for acceptance
6. and more….

Alberto and Jasmine are 16-year-old sweethearts, or were until that day in November when Jasmine, who planned to be a virgin until marriage, learned in the halls of DeWitt Clinton High School in the Bronx that Alberto was "messing around." She raged, she wept and she broke up with him. He apologized, he cried and she took him back. (sound familiar) Then she suggested they cut school and have sex — "to keep him," she explained tearfully. It could have been one of the oldest stories in the book, except for the real-life ending: Alberto said no.

No comments: