Thursday, January 3, 2008

Kids and parents agree: 18- to 25-year-olds aren't adults

Check this article out. http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-12-12-emerging-adults_n.htm#uslPageReturn

Then check out my past article on Youth Ministry tomorrow today.

Where is the future? Are we not letting teenagers breathe enough? Are we trying to dictate them or lead and train them? Are we letting them grow up?

According to this article I would ask, what about the age of 25 makes you an adult? At the age of 22 I was on my own making my own decisions with a college degree. Was I an adult? I had a job and a career ahead of me yet I was not an adult yet?

My wife married me when she was 21, but were we still kids or teenagers? Were we old enough to make that “adult” decision?

This is something I’m watching and learning, especially as a young parent, to see where we are going.

I have my own opinion but I am not sharing for now because I’m still asking and learning.

No comments: