Thursday, July 22, 2010

Graylin Steward Testimony from LHSM Camp

Camp 2010 was something I needed desperately. Coming in, I was struggling to see God in anything. I didn’t really feel his hand on me. Ever. I knew that I was saved, I knew that He loved me. But it was hard to feel that love. Over the course of the week, God slowly worked on my heart. He showed me through the sermons, campfire, and worship how much He wanted me to come back to Him. He showed how much I (and how much we all) mean to Him. It was such a good feeling, finally feeling valuable to God. We are His children, and He wants nothing more than to be a part of our life. No matter how far away you are from Him, He will always welcome you back with open arms.

Another thing God showed me was how important it is to not be so influenced by the world (which believe me, is easier said than done.) With all the bad things we see and hear, it really is important to have a strong faith and foundation in God. If you don’t, you will fall harder and faster than you would without it. If you know me at all, you know that music is a HUGE part of my life. That is an area where Satan was really getting me. I was listening to some pretty rough stuff, and it was starting to come out in my language and just everyday speech. I was never really aware until camp how bad it had become. God really challenged me to either delete all that bad stuff, or find a clean version of it. And so I'm trying that and seeing how it works out for me. Its hard to be an influence to the world when you sound just like it.
And those are the two biggest things I got out of camp.

No comments: