Monday, July 5, 2010

Testimony from LHSM Camp - Mikayla Sloan

This week at camp God taught me that He can use people even if they feel like they aren't usable. I was reading in Exodus 4 when God called Moses to go to Pharaoh and tell him to let the Israelites go. Moses was afraid to speak to Pharaoh and God said, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD ? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." (v. 11-12). God really spoke to me through that and told me that He will give me the words to say to tell someone about Him. Then, before Moses even left for Egypt he "took the staff of God in his hand." (v. 20). As Christians, before we can set out to do anything in His name, we have to take the staff of God in our hands: the Bible. And when Aaron threw his staff down, it turned into a snake. The Egyptian high priests did the same. "But Aaron's staff swallowed up their staffs." (Ex. 7:12). God used that story to teach me afresh that you can disprove lies in a heartbeat, but truth will stand no matter what you throw at it.

No comments: