Sunday, July 4, 2010

Testimony from LHSM Camp - Shelby Brown


I went into camp not really expecting anything life changing thing to happen in my own life because at this point in my life I have never felt so close to the Lord. The first couple of nights of worship were amazing and emotional for me....then one of the nights God pointed something out to me. I realized that i have been having doubts. I thought....'how can I doubt God when I can see all he is doing around me.' So I prayed about it and realized that the doubt I was having was in what I thought God could do through me...Satan was trying to break me down and distract me by putting doubt and confusion in my mind. I asked God to take that burden away and the last night of camp Michael Head asked if anyone felt God was telling them to go into full time ministry. I thought I don't think that's for me. But as everyone started to stand up I got that uneasy feeling in my stomach and stood; not believing what I was doing. God took that doubt I had before away when I chose to stand up and take a step of faith in obedience.
It was an amazing feeling and I am so excited to see what kind of ministry God wants me to have. I know it's going to be ruff and I'm sure i will have those doubts again, but God showed me that when we give our problems and struggles to him he will come out on top victorious and heal those wounds and take those things away. I am not saying that Satan won't try to bring those thoughts back, but i am saying that i know for a fact that God is with me and he is never going anywhere so...no worrys:)

''If our God is for than who can stand against!!"

"Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him,'You of little faith,' he said,'why did you doubt?'"
Matthew 14:31

"Jesus replied, "I tell you the the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
Matthew 21:21-22

No comments: