Friday, April 9, 2010

Update from Nathan Wagnon - Keep praying for him

Things here are getting hot. It was 102° yesterday and it's only going to get hotter. Ugh. We are continuing to hold the ground we have and are trying to gather some specific intel on the major TB players in our A/O so we can make some precision strikes or arrests. It's tedious work, but so goes counterinsurgency.

It's tough not to think about coming home, our first wave of dudes leaves in exactly one month, but we still have a good 30-45 days of work here and it's my job to make sure my platoon stays sharp. Please continue to pray for our safety and the success of our mission.

I've been able to have a handful of good conversations with some of the guys I spend the most time with in my platoon. Most of these dudes are nominal Christians, they believe in God but show very little to no evidence of an actual relationship with Christ. Pretty typical infantrymen. Hopefully I'm doing some good, but that's where I have to trust the LORD and be faithful where He places me. I've been able to spend more time in the Word lately and it has been refreshing. Pray for those times I have with the LORD that I would be encouraged and motivated to press on . .

No comments: