Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Testimony from LHSM Camp - Alyson Jackson

wanted to share what God has taught me during camp last week.. God did such an amazing work on my heart. He opened my eyes to what was going on around me. I can honestly say this year has really been the BEST year ever. But at the start of camp I kept telling myself "Oh you don't need to worry about God, just get though high school and college and have fun, go party do whatever I want. Nobody has fun in high school if they follow God." But during the middle of the week God COMPLETELY changed me. He made me new again. And I feel so amazing now. And I don't care what people say about me because I know at the end of everyday I'm going to HEAVEN and that God loves me more than anyone ever will. During camp I grew so much closer to my dad (Brian Jackson). God showed me that I don't need a boyfriend or a guy to make me feel special or make me feel loved.. he showed me I have my dad and God here in my heart 24/7 and that they are always going to love me no matter I do. I am very thankful for the girls time we had everyday with Mrs. Pate. That really taught me alot about guys. And it made me think about past relationships and I have recently challenged myself to only date guys that I know are good strong Christians and guys that love the Lord with ALL their heart, because I know if I date a guy who isn't a Christian, he won't change and I want a guy who will help me through my walk with Christ. I really wanna turn things around in my life and start living my life to glorify God. I recently ended something with a guy that I knew wouldn't be a relationship that was glorifying God. I told the guy that I was ready to start living right and to continue to stay pure like I have over the years and he didn't exactly agree with me so I knew that God had another plan for me so I ended things with this guy. And the girls in my life have been so supportive and have helped me and talked me through this. I know now who God wants to stay in my life and who God has put there just for distractions like we talked about at camp.

Over past years, I would come back from camps and retreats pumped for God but I'd come home to my same ways and my love for God would fade. This year I came home and I made changes and I couldn't be more proud of myself. (: And I hope my family and friends will continue to motivate me and that this amazing clean feeling I have in my heart will continue to grow stronger and stronger.

Thank you so much for all you have done for us! Long Hollow has such a great student ministry!!! I'm already ready for camp again next year!!

No comments: